Big Tobacco: Profits & Lies – Tobacco or Sustainable Development
Our exhibition follows the route of tobacco from the fields to the cigarette butt. We expose how the production and consumption of tobacco impact a sustainable development. We offer answers to many questions:
- Where and how is tobacco produced?
- Who are the main actors in the global tobacco trade?
- Who are the winners and losers of the tobacco trade?
- How do tobacco corporations promote their products?
- What impact does tobacco use have beyond diseases?
We also offer positive perspectives on how to alleviate or overcome the many problems and difficulties in the tobacco sector.
- What could tobacco farmers grow instead of tobacco?
- What are the political options for states to reduce tobacco use?
- What can you and every individual do to contribute to sustainable development?
The exhibition is in German only. If you are interested to translate and/or adapt it for your own local context, please don’t hesitate to contact us under firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a look at the displays in our galery below.